Have you ever wanted to be part of a church family that:
- Understood and defined their mission?
- Led you in worship with purpose?
- Taught the Bible so that it was relevant, practical and application oriented?
- Was committed to strengthening families?
- Had a strong commitment to develop children and students in life changing ways?
- Had both truth and grace?
Those are the principles on which The Summit Church was founded in July of 2002. From the very beginning, The Summit Church wanted to be a church that taught the Word of God so lives could be changed that would impact our world.
The Summit is an elder led church. The elders, working with the ministry leaders, seek to reach the people of Springfield, Rogersville, Strafford, Ozark and the surrounding areas with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, developing believers to be devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Summit Church MISSION STATEMENT
Our goal and our mission is to move believers from simple faith in God to a full and rich faith that shows love within the family of believers and reaches out to a lost world in desperate need of a Savior – Loving God, Loving Each Other, Reaching Out to Others.
8 CORE VALUES that under gird our mission:
- FAITH should be authentic, based on God’s character and His Word, to achieve what only God can bring about in our lives.
- SPIRITUAL LIVING involves walking with God daily in humility and being empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- God-centered WORSHIP should be dynamic and intimate.
- Scripture-saturated BIBLE TEACHING should be relevant and application oriented to help strengthen people to withstand the pressures of today.
- Learning to accept one another in grace will enable us to LOVE ONE ANOTHER as commanded by Christ.
- Forming RELATIONSHIPS within our circles of influence should be intentional for evangelism and discipleship.
- We must have a firm commitment to train up the NEXT GENERATION for the future church.
- By participating and partnering with others in various STRATEGIC MISSION PROJECTS, we can reach the world for Jesus Christ.